- Harvard University scientists figured out how to turn hydrogen - the lightest of all elements - into a metal, a feat studied by researchers for nearly 100 years.
- A new drug, Evolocumab, is shown to prevent heart attacks and strokes by dramatically cutting bad cholesterol.
- Human blood stem cells are grown in the laboratory for the first time by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital.
- The first synthetic retina using soft biological tissues is created by a student at the University of Oxford.
3) Military aggressions:
4) India’s biggest economic reform – GST was launched on 1stst July 2017. A sense of confusion and insecurity hit small and medium businesses.
5) India’s solar energy has been expanded by a record 5,525 MW and as of April 2017 stands at 12,288.83MW. US, Europe and China have also increased solar energy output.
6) All over the world major earthquakes and floods were reported:
- More than 250 died in Gujarat floods in July.
- More than 450 died in Nepal and India floods in August.
- Cyclone Ockhi hit Kerala and Tamil Nadu in December.
- Earthquakes ranging from 8.2 to 7 on Richter Scale hit all over the world
- Veteran theater and movie artist Tom Alter.
- Senior Congress Leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi.
- Former Manipur Chief Minister and member of the first Lok Sabha Rishang Keishing.
- IAF Marshal Arjan Singh.
- Eminent space scientist Udupi Ramchandra Rao.
- Former Chief Justice of India Prafulchandra Natwarlal Bhagwati.
- Renowned Hindustani Classical singer Kishori Amonkar.
- Veteran Actor and Padam Shree winner Om Puri.
- Veteran Actor and MP from Gurdaspur Vinod Khanna.
- Veteran Actor Shashi Kapoor.